Neighborhoods of Nashville
There's more to Nashville than Broadway! Depending on how long visit here is and what things you're wanting to do, you may want to explore other areas. Here's an overview of different neighborhoods and some ideas of things to do outside of the downtown footprint. ..Some of my favorite places aren't downtown!
DOWNTOWN: 10 radius from where Broadway starts at the riverfront.
GULCH: Trendy area with upscale restaurants and shopping high-end apartments and condos residences.
- Walk to the Gulch
- Gulch Top Itineraries
- M-Street Restaurants
- Grocery Stores
- Murals & Photos
12TH SOUTH: quaint and lively street filled with a nice section of restaurants & shops - One of my favorite areas!
- Great stop between The Gulch and 12th South
MIDTOWN: There are several areas that are in or near Midtown:
- Demonbruem Hill area: A stretch of bars ending at Tailgate brewery and the Music Circle "naked statue"
- Music Circle which as the statue and leads to Music Row & Midtown bars
- Music Row is several streets of record labels and recording studios (not music venues)
- Midtown bars such as "Winners" which is next door to "Losers", also Hattie B's Hot Chicken and Midtown Tavern
- Vanderbilt University
- Centennial Park & The Parthenon
- Bicentennial State Park
- Tennessee State Museum
- Farmers Market
- Sounds Baseball Stadium
- Germantown Cafe (brunch)
- Butcher townhall (brunch & dinner)
- Barista Parlor (coffee roaster)
- Tennessee State Capital (between German town & downtown)
EAST NASHVILLE: Across the river is eclectic bars and artsy neighborhoods
- Olive & Saint Clair (Nashville's chocolate makers)
- Five Points Pizza